SPRING 2017 SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 3rd
6th Grade Club SPRING 2017 Schedule
Meeting Location: Library
Time: 3–4 PM most Mondays
2/27: (Goals) Posters and Advertising
3/6: Posters and Advertising
4/3: Submission Deadline; Layout
5/11: Lee Creates Release Party – THURSDAY evening
Since 2009, our Lee Creates magazine has showcased the writing and art of Lee Elementary students. Lee Creates is driven by the kids’ creativity, and thanks to the Lee PTA we are able to print this incredible collection each semester to foster the students’ sense of achievement. Starting in the 2014-15 school year, Lee 6th graders have taken the lead in promoting and producing the magazine.
As of 2/3/17, we have completed planning for this next upcoming issue. The deadline for this semester’s issue is April 3rd. If your student would like to submit a piece of writing and/or art to be printed in the magazine, please read the following for our submission guidelines.
- Lee students may submit original stories, articles, poetry, essays, artwork, cartoons, or other creative work for publication. Work by students in grades K–2 must be reviewed by a parent or teacher for sense and legibility.
- Students may submit more than one written piece for publication, but submissions should total no more than one 8-1/2” x 11” page all together.
- No more than one art piece per student will be published. If art submissions exceed the space available, any work not published in the printed magazine, will appear on the website.
- All contents must be legible and appropriate for all ages.
- Art should be created on unlined paper, preferably using ink or paint. Light pencil or crayon drawings, especially on notebook paper, may not reproduce well enough to be published.
- Save written work in Word or scan artwork and save in JPG format.
- E-mail electronic submissions to LeeCreatesMag@gmail.com. If a student is unable to submit work by e-mail, a parent may contact Ms. Day in the library to request to have the work scanned.
- All work submitted must include the student’s first and last name, grade, and homeroom teacher. We cannot publish or return items that do not include the student’s full name.