June 5, 2017
Dear incoming 5th grade parents and students,
We’re excited to have you in our classes next year and in preparation, we wanted to share five tips for 5th grade.
1. Be sure to know all your multiplication facts up to 12 x 12.
2. Your supplies next year will be yours. Every pencil, colored pencil, marker, etc. should have your name on it. Keep extra supplies at home for when you run out. For example, you probably don’t need more than 3-4 pencils in your binder (which we really hope is zippered).
3. Homework is given daily next year, not in weekly packets, so please keep this in mind for time management with respect to your extracurricular activities.
4. Always have one traveling book with you—even on Day 1.
5. Fifth grade curriculum requires a lot of serious work, but coming to school each day with a positive attitude toward learning will allow us to incorporate multiple learning styles and fun into our curriculum.
Have a relaxing summer,
Ms. Joshi & Mrs. Sands